While most of us don’t spend a lot of time thinking about our gutters, they’re actually an important part of every home’s protection system. They capture rainwater and snow, and ensure that any precipitation is directed into the downspouts and away from the home.
If, however, your gutters start to fail, water overflowing the sides can cause issues that negatively affect both your home and your landscaping.
Signs It’s Time for Gutter Replacement
If you pay attention, you can easily tell when your gutters are beginning to fail. Just keep your eyes peeled, and contact a reputable gutter replacement company if you notice any of the following signs:
- Gutters that are sagging, dented or rusty.
- Gutters that have started to pull away from your roofline.
- Washed out landscaping or pathways. As water overflows, it will often erode the nearest items, including your driveway, pathways or landscaping. Also, look for puddles right underneath the gutters.
- Siding with peeling paint.
- Mold, especially in the basement or in areas near the foundation.
- Interior water leaks, especially on the ceiling or in the basement. As water flows over the edge due to poor-performing gutters, it can access your home, causing leaks.
- Foundation cracks. As water drains into the ground around your home, it can cause cracks in the foundation, which is often most noticeable in the basement.
If you notice any of these signs, then it’s time to invest in new gutters as soon as possible.
Get Help from Your Local Gutter Experts
When your gutters are past their prime, contact Advantage Seamless Gutters. We are committed to staying up-to-date with the latest technology to ensure that you always receive the best products available on the market. Call us now at (218) 270-2663, or fill out our online form to see how we can assist you. We serve homeowners located throughout Baxter, Alexandria and Crosslake, MN.