Gutter issues should be addressed immediately as overflowing water puts your home’s exterior at risk of damage. Clogged gutters can cause leaks which can cause water damage and compromise the foundation’s strength.
In today’s post, one of the leading gutter contractors, Advantage Seamless Gutters, discusses the most common causes of gutter damage.
1. Poor Installation – Improper installation will eventually lead to the early failure of a guttering system. Gutters that aren’t properly secured can become loose and then sag. It can also cause water buildup in the roof, which can result in indoor leaks.
2. Blocked Gutters – Debris like leaves, branches, seeds and granules from the roof can settle on the gutters. Prevent clogging in the gutters with regular cleaning and maintenance. Consider getting seamless gutters as they are easier to clean and maintain. In addition, gutter guards improve water flow and prevent debris from clogging your gutters.
3. Insufficient Pipes – The size of your home determines the amount of downspouts you need as well as the length of the gutters. One rainwater pipe shouldn’t have more than 15 meters of gutter.
4. Dislodged Joint – The joints of the gutter can break or move out of place. Inspect your gutters for cracked and crooked parts.
5. Improperly Pitched Gutters – Gutters must be pitched toward the downspouts to ensure proper water flow. It’s recommended that gutters should have around a quarter inch of slope per 10 feet to prevent standing water and debris from building up.
Prevent these gutter problems from occurring with routine maintenance by a reputable contractor. At Advantage Seamless Gutters, we are your leading provider of gutter cleaning services. Save yourself from significant repair costs by properly maintaining your gutters. We also offer seamless gutters and Valor Gutter Guards. Call us at (218) 270-5454 or complete our online form for a free estimate. We help homeowners in Baxter, MN.